1. No one comes to work trying to do a bad job and they are likely better than your immediate impression of them. But they might also not come to work prepared to give their all or be very good in their current position. How can you help them either way?
2. Be incredibly grateful for what you have. Know that you can always do better. Continually work on both.
3. Enjoy yourself in the present and prepare for the future.
4. Realise you can be frugal and extravagant.
5. Focus… and do both. Realise that they are only one thing. Reframe them into one.
6. Give all of yourself to those closest to you… by looking after yourself first.